Yesterday was my cousin's birthday.So,my sister and I planned to organize a surprise birthday party.Our cousin's sister in law made a birthday cake.Therefore we felt that we had to cook something too.Then we decided to make this delicious helix cookies.I wanted to share the recipe.It's easy and yummy =)
2/3 Cup (150 grams) butter
1 1/2 Cups Sugar
4 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 1/2 cups flour
10 grams baking powder
5 grams vanilla powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 1/2 cups sugar until light and fluffy using an electric mixer.
- Add the egg,vegetable oil, vanilla and baking powder, salt, and mix well.
- Add the sifted flour into the mixture.Knead it until you have medium consistency dough.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Add cocoa one of the dough pieces, and knead it until the piece turns into brown totally.
- Put the doughs in the fridge for 15 minutes at least.It helps to roll out doughs easily.
- After 15 minutes take doughs and roll out the brown dough piece larger than a flat service plate. Roll out the other one also and place it onto the brown one. Roll it for a while without forcing on it too much to make them stay together.
- Put the roll in the fridge again but this time for 2 hours at least.( You have to be patient)
- After 2 hours, cut this roll into pieces, each one should be thumbnail thickness.
- Place the cookies onto the greased baking tray with some spaces between each of them. Place the tray into the oven, which is preheated to 165 °C
- Bake it for a short time. Do not let the cookies turn to yellow like me =(